Monday, May 13, 2013

Nyx soft matte lip cream review

I purchased the nyx soft matte lip cream in antwerp.

soft matte lip cream NYX

Like the name, it is a matte lip cream. It has a doe-foot applicator and the product is creamy and has a smell which was kind of like a pasty or cupcake or something which sounds nice but I thought it smelled kind of strange. Not bad enough to where I didn't want to use it, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the smell. It gives nice pigmentation. The application is okay. Not as easy as say, putting on a nice lipstick, since the formula is so creamy. But I didn't have problems with it or anything. The big problem with this was the lasting time. I put this on before I went grocery shopping for 1 1/2 or 2 hours, and by the time I got back it had started fading - and it's one of those products that's ugly when it fades. The color was gone from the center of my lips. The bottom of my top lip and the top of my bottom lip were my natural lip color while the rest of my lips were still the color of the soft matte lip cream - and I put 2 layers of this stuff on which, you'd think, would make it stay better! I didn't eat or drink during these 1 1/2 hours and didn't lick my lips a lot or anything. I LOVE the color, in fact I've gotten compliments on it from other people too. The website describes it as a "mid-tone yellow-toned pink". I didn't think it was a true pink as much as a soft, wearable red with some peachy pink in it. I want to find a lipstick in this color, partly because I don't like this but I love the color, and also I'm wondering if this lip cream would be nice to layer over a lipstick of the same color. Maybe if you got a lipstick of the same color and wanted a matte lip, you could put this over the lipstick to achieve a matte lip and then it wouldn't look bad when it fades. This is one of those products where you're like "ugh, this could have been nice, if only _____!". In this case the big flaw was the lasting power and the ugly way it faded. Some people say this stays on well for them, which I can't really grasp because I tried this multiple times and it just wouldn't stay for me. I wish it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment