Thursday, September 26, 2013

Top 5 fall lipsticks

I've been seeing everyone doing this and I was thinking about the fall colors that I really like in my collection and decided to do it as well because I have some lipsticks worth a mention! These are all somewhere in the purple family (including berries and mauves) because I'm not quite a red lipstick person.





From left to right:

Maybelline color whisper in made-it mauve: I actually didn't expect to like this as much as I do considering that it looks kind of blah in the tube. It's a darker brownish mauve. It's pretty tame but still a bit darker and not boring. Even though it has a bit of that browney nude-ness to it, I still really like it on my pale skin! I love the color whisper line.

Maybelline color sensational lipstick in magnificent mauve: this is such a nice purple. It's a really happy medium because it's not so shockingly purple but it still is definitely a nice lightish purple. I've had this for quite some time now and still like it. I suppose it's the least fall-ish here because it's not a deep purple but it would be nice for someone wanting to venture into the purple section of lipsticks.

Maybelline color sensational lipstick in mauve mania: one of my new favorites, this is such a nice brightish-but-wearable berry mauve shade. This lipstick line makes pretty nice no-fuss lipsticks and is a really good place to find purple lipsticks - they carry way more than the average drugstore lipstick line does.

Rimmel kate matte lipstick 104: I really like the rimmel kate matte lipsticks and this color especially. These have a kind of fruity scent but not in a bad way (in my opinion anyway). Anyway, it's a really nice medium nude berry color. I don't find these to be drying and they actually have a near-matte finish instead of being totally matte. This color looks really boring compared to the other lipsticks swatched on my arm (especially the fergie one) but I swear it's not! It's more of a berry color on my lips. Almost a bit different and edgy while still being pretty wearable.

Wet n' wild fergie lipstick in Ferguson Crest Cabernet: I just love the formula of these lipsticks as they're  creamy but not the type of creamy that's too slippery and thin either. They're really opaque too. I was really scared of this color at first but it's so pretty! What I personally do (because I'm somewhat of a sissy when it comes to dark lipsticks) is after I put this on I blot it with some tissue, and that tames down the color just a bit while not wiping the lipstick off. In fact, when I was wiping the swatches off my arm, this lipstick really left a stain while the others wiped away much more easily. I also personally think the packaging on these lipsticks is really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment