Friday, September 20, 2013

What's in my school makeup bag

I have 6 hour days a couple days a week for college so I like to take a couple of makeup items with me to touch up. I keep them in a basic black bag I got from target for 3.99. Some of these are necessities and some are just things I like to keep when I feel like touching up.


Blotting sheets and powder: These are the most important things to take with me. I've always had a super shiny, oily face and even though I love my maybelline shine-control powder I don't think any powder could keep my face matte for more than a couple hours (sigh). I bring one of those basic powder puffs to apply it since bringing a big brush with me would be inconvenient. My e.l.f. blotting sheets also do the trick. They're the only ones I've tried, but I think blotting sheets are something that it doesn't matter if it's high-end or just basic, they're a really simple item. Blotting sheets are good because if you were to keep constantly applying powder to cover up the oil on your face, the oil can end up mixing with the powder and become cakey and sludgey, so it's good to actually take off some of the oil with blotting sheets.




 Bath & Body works wild berry tulips fragrance mist: this is one of those 3 ounce mini things. I live in Texas and it's really hot and I just want to make sure I smell good. I love this scent. I don't know if bath & body works carries this size anymore because they keep getting rid of their smaller, travel-sized items (annoying!).



Next I have a maybelline color whisper: I have a bunch of these but the one I choose to take with me is "made-it mauve". These are actually really moisturizing while still giving quite a bit of color (depending on the shade). Made it mauve is a dark-ish nudey mauve while still somehow being really wearable and looking nice on my pale skin. Sometimes my lips just look kind of dead and "blah" so I like to bring some kind of colored lip product with me to change that.




Q-tips: I'm paranoid of my eyeliner smudging so I keep these in case it happens.


                                       


Jordana fabuliner: I doubt I'll have to use this but I'm paranoid about my eye makeup! In case my eyes get watery and ruin my eyeliner or something, I threw this cheap eyeliner in my makeup bag in case I ever need to use it. It doesn't take up much space!



Mini mirror + hairbrush: You can get these things at wal-mart. If my hair suddenly looks like crap or something I can always pull this out to brush it.


Bobby pin: Just in case my hair is driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment